All classes meet at the Plano Sewing Center, which is located at 2070 W. Spring Creek Pkwy at the corner of Spring Creek and Custer. Don't forget to bring your sewing machine!
All classes require a minimum of 1 week advanced registration with class fees due at registration. Fee payments accepted in cash or check to instructor only!
Sewing Machines 101 (2 hours)
- Do you want to learn to sew but don't know where to start? Come to this 2 hour class to learn the basics of threading, winding the bobbin, machine settings, basic care, and the purpose for all those extra presser feet. This class will start your sewing journey off on the right foot! Read more
Beginning Sewing - Level 1 (4 weeks)
- Explore your creativity while building confidence in your skills throughout the Level 1 course! You will learn basic stitches, start a samples notebook, and complete an artist's or chef's apron. Read more
The Perfect T-Shirt (2 weeks)
- Everybody wears T-shirts. Learning to make them yourself can save your family lots of money! All you need is a pattern that is well-proportioned, some good quality knit, and a little know-how to make them yourself – in all the styles and colors you like. Read more
Beginning Sewing - Level 2 (5 weeks)
- Build and improve on the skills you learned in Level 1. You will add to your sewing sample notebook and complete either a kimono-style robe or a two-piece pajama set. Read more
Elastics, Zippers, Buttons, and More: Skill Building Class - Level 3 (3 weeks)
- This hands-on course will teach you a variety of basic techniques such as elastic applications, 3 types of zipper applications, machine buttonholes, trim, cuffs, and much more! Read more